11 Jan Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps (from fresh or frozen!)
This classic wrap comes together quick using your Instant Pot for the tender chicken – cooked in a caesar vinaigrette and then tossed with a classic caesar salad, wrapped in a tortilla for a classic and basic lunch!
Bonus points for your Instant Pot here because you can cook your chicken right from frozen!
We are going back to lunch prep basics with this Chicken Caesar Wrap… but we are going hands off and using our Instant Pot!
This recipe is so simple, and you don’t even have to plan ahead – go ahead and use frozen chicken breast for this!
For more info on cooking from frozen (and a free printable cook time cheat sheet, you can head to this post on the blog!
Ingredients, Swaps, & Time Saving Tips!
- To make this ultra easy – skip making the caesar salad from scratch like I did, and simply grab a caesar salad kit from your grocery store.
You must use a vinaigrette dressing for this.
- The creamier salad dressings won’t work for this. If you don’t have or can’t find caesar vinaigrette you can use zesty Italian for this recipe.
Then, use the creamier dressing when you make the salad.
Let’s make these wraps!
The beauty of this is that it really is as simple as placing the chicken and the dressing into the Instant Pot. Then, do a quick release.
Mix up your salad, and make your wrap.
That is all you do. seriously.
How to make this with frozen chicken
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this.
- Don’t pile the frozen breasts ontop of eachother. They will not cook evenly. You want to place individual chicken breasts to the pot.
- You will increase the pressure time to 10 minutes, from 8 minutes.
How to make this meal prep style
- Pre mixed caesar salad will get soggy. You want to leave the dressing off until right when you make your wrap.
- Load up your meal prep container with raw veggies – or even some seasonal fruit.
- You can pre make the wraps in the morning and take to work, but even then, I find the tortilla can get soggy – mix up your chicken and salad, keep the dressing separate, and then build you wrap at lunch – for best results!
If you are looking for more Meal Prep Lunch inspo, I have you covered here on the blog!
If I add more chicken do I change the cook time?
No! You can add more chicken and you don’t need to adjust time. The only exception is if you stack frozen chicken, you will have to add a few more minutes.
Tips for folding wraps
- You want room temperature or warmed tortillas or they will rip.
- Buy wraps that are at least 8 inches or creating a filling wrap will be a challenge.
Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wrap
Instant Pot Caesar Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Caesar dressing (must be a vinaigrette)
Wrap – This is just a guide, you can easily use a salad kit as well.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, ripped.
- 3/4 cups fresh grated parmesan reggiano
- bacon bits measure bacon with your heart!
- 3/4 cup caesar dressing you can use any dressing you choose for the salad
- 4 whole wheat tortillas minimum 8 inches
Instant Pot Caesar Chicken
Pour the caesar vinaigrette into the Instant Pot liner.
Place the chicken into the dressing. Try not to stack the chicken too much.
Secure the lid, and set to sealing.
For fresh chicken breasts, set on high pressure for 8 minutes. For frozen (individual) chicken breasts, set on high pressure for 10 minutes. * cook time may vary slightly if you are using really large chicken breasts. Always check that your chicken breast is at least 165°F
Using tongs, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and cut into cubes. Discard the dressing in the pot. Use fresh dressing for your wraps.
Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the chicken to the bowl and gently toss.
Add 1/4 of the salad mix to the center of a tortilla, and roll up your wrap!
Meal Prep Instructions
Combine the salad ingredients with the chicken – but leave the dressing out.
Pack the salad with the dressing in a separate container.
When ready to enjoy, add the dressing and roll up your wrap!
Nutrition is an estimate using My Fitness pal and the specific ingredients I used.
Serving: 1wrap | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 15g
Credit: Source link